I got an award!
A big Thanks! to a relatively new reader of several months, TikkTok. You can read her blog here: http://tikktok.wordpress.com/
There are some conditions to receiving my award, however. First, I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know, and probably couldn’t give a care about. So here goes…
1. I am a COMPLETE and total introvert. Thanks to my dear hubby, who has spent the last 9 1/2 years forcing me to do things I didn’t want, I have gotten better. Pretty much anytime you see me attending a social function, it is highly likely he has used threats and physical force to shove me out the door. I would still much rather hang out at home, with my family and critters, than go to any social event, but, thankfully, he will not allow me to be a hermit.
2. I have a college degree I have never used. I actually majored in pre-veterinary medicine and animal biology, but due to the military, it became increasingly difficult to finish my bachelors. I swore nothing would get in the way, and that I WOULD finish. I just forgot to ask God before saying that. He obviously had other plans. I married the best man on earth, started a new path in life, and eventually got an associates degree in Equine Management. As soon as I got the degree, another move forced me to sell off the horses and most of my gear, and until I got my donkey recently, the skills I learned have all but been set aside (thanks only to the privilege of training for others on occasion).
3. I have been a Type 1 diabetic since I was 4 years old. You may know that one, but the fact is, I am very blessed by the fact that God has allowed me to break every single statistic out there, as, after 27 years, I have absolutely no complications, and am perfectly healthy. I actually HAVE gone into mild renal failure (kidney) twice in past years, but as I learned to better control my diabetes and diet, God healed me completely both times. I still laugh about the student doc that reviewed my labs a couple years ago, and told me that, based on one of my lab results, I may be at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes in the future. I laughed and asked if he had looked at my other records. He said “No” and I proceeded to tell him I had been a Type 1 most of my life. He looked at my labs again, and looked at me, and said “NO WAY!” Thank you Lord for the blessing of health!! I don’t take it for granted!
4. I wrote a book. Long time readers and friends know that one already, but hey, I might as well get a little publicity after #3. It’s called “Diabetes: Overcome Your Fears,” and is very reasonably priced on Amazon.com. It is an easy read, and chock full of all the info I have learned about controlling diabetes and health over the years. In fact, since I know you are now jumping at the chance to own your very own copy, here is the direct link: http://www.amazon.com/Diabetes-Overcome-D-R-Londrigan/dp/0615326145/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1316884594&sr=8-12 After you read it, please be kind enough to leave a feedback comment on Amazon.com. Very few people have so far. If you want a signed, personalized copy, message me here. It’s the same price plus a couple bucks shipping.
5. I used to be a Storm Chaser affiliated with the Tallahassee National Weather Service. That was my rebellious years, and man, oh man, did we have some adventures! Sometimes I think it was a miracle our team survived, as we had a couple of too-close calls!
6. I once said I would never have children, and I would certainly never homeschool! Then God got hold of me and told me otherwise. You know the rest of the story.
7. I boycott Carl’s Jr. It’s the fast-food chain cousin to Hardee’s back East, and this is basically the western version. OK, I admit I boycott most fast-food joints, but that’s because I don’t like the food. Carl’s Jr. is for a different reason, and if my choice was McDonalds or Carl’s Jr., then I would take McDonalds any day. Why? Well, I don’t know how things are nowadays, as I don’t have a TV, but back when we did have a TV, all Carl’s Jr. commercials were full of immoral, sexual, degrading, unbiblical content (remember the Paris Hilton in the leather teddy one?). They broadcast these commercials around the clock, and it infuriated me.
So, now you know my 7 little-known facts. My next assignment is to nominate 15 other blogs. OK, this one is going to be a problem, so I will just have to ask forgiveness now. The simple fact is, I don’t even read 10 other blogs on a regular basis, and many of them hardly ever update their posts. So, if I read your blog, feel very privileged! If it still counts, however, then I will keep it in mind, and nominate them in the future as I gather more readers and more regularly-updated blogs to read.
Thanks again, Tikktok! I will display it proudly! Since it is time to update my blog’s side panel anyway, I will add it to my very first award, when my blog was over at blogspot. I totally forgot to import it over here.