Here is our new favorite smoothie, created over the last few years, and recently perfected. It’s fruity, colorful, sweet, healthy, and perfect to serve any time! It’s loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, and covers most of the food groups!
The Ultimate Smoothie
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup Kefir milk or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen greens (collards, kale, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 raw egg yolks
- water as needed to thin
Throw all items in blender, and blend away. Serve immediately. Will make about 5 cups, give or take.
Note: The great thing about a good smoothie is that you can tweak it to your likes. This one tastes great, but you could easily leave out one or more of the last 3 items and/or add a bit of coconut oil instead of shredded coconut, and not change the flavor at all.